This is one of my favourite recipes and my all-time go-to coffee roll.
Everyone who’s tasted it has loved it, and I usually make it with whipped fresh cream, though once I’ve tried to make it with mascarpone cream filling. Still most people prefer the former.
Try it yourself, you’ll be really amazed!
Recipe ( I got this recipe originally from here)
- Eggs- 5 large (white and yolk separated)
- Sugar- 40 grams+ 70 grams
- Coffee- 8 grams
- Hot water- 55 grams
- Cake flour- 90 grams
- Baking powder- 2 grams
- Oil- 55 grams
- Beat the egg yolk with the 40 grams of sugar until light and pale.
- Beat the egg white in another pan until frothy.
- Add in the 70 grams sugar in two to three additions and the salt and peak till stiff peaks forms.
- Mix coffee with the hot water and let it cool.
- Mix the coffee and oil to the egg yolk batter and gently fold in the flour and baking powder sifted.
- Mix in the egg white to the yolk mixture in two to three additions and trying not to deflate it.
- Pour into well greases and lined pans .
- Bake at 180 degreeC for 9-12 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down completely before applying the coffee cream.
- Flip the cake onto another parchment paper. Apply the cream and roll it up tightly.
- Slice and enjoy.
Ingredients for the coffee cream:
- Heavy whipping cream- 1 cup
- Sugar- 25 grams more or less
- vanilla essence – a bit
- Beat everything together in a bowl until the sugar is well combined and fluffy.